The components of vaccines are a bit scary in and of themselves, especially when you realize they are going into 7 lb. infants, or 18 lb. toddlers. I am not anti-vaccination. Neither am I pro-vaccination. I’ve been checking out this matter for 15 years. I’ve talked with parents that are certain that a vaccination caused their children’s autism. I’ve also talked with pros who are equally certain that vaccinations do not cause autism or any other developmental disorder.
So, let’s just begin with something basic. Precisely what is in a vaccination?
1) Antigens: The infectious agent will be the primary constituent of every vaccine. Included in this are antigens such as hepatitis B, diphtheria, pertussis (whooping cough), tetanus (DTP), haemophilus influenzae B (Hib), inactivated polio virus (IPV), and pneumococcal antigen (one reason for pneumonia).
2) Aluminum: This can be utilized to boost the antigenic response by trapping the antigen and creating a slow release of it. Aluminum in the blood is assigned to allergy, motor paralysis, local numbness, fatty degeneration of kidneys and liver, learning disabilities, dementia, and seizures.
3) Formaldehyde: This really is employed to inactivate the bacterial and viral antigens. Contact with formaldehyde is associated with cancer, vertigo, coma, and death. There is absolutely no known threshold level below which there exists not a threat of cancer.
4) Thimerosal: Also called merthiolate, thimerosal comes from mercury and has been used as being a preservative and disinfectant in vaccines. Mercury is probably the most potent neurotoxins proven to humans. In July 1999, the FDA requested that manufacturers of vaccines remove thimerosal from U.S. licensed vaccines. This occurred after it had been said that cumulative exposure of infants to mercury during the first 6 months of life exceeded EPA guidelines. Thimersol is still found in flu vaccines and in vaccines distributed in other countries. Recent scientific studies are showing that thimerosal is more prevalent in vaccines now than it absolutely was in 1999!
5) Other Components: Included in this are phenol that is utilized within the extraction procedure for making vaccines and it is an extremely toxic substance based on coal tar which can cause shock, convulsions, cardiac failure, kidney failure, and death. Ethanol, methanol, isopropyl and 2 phenoxyethanol are alcohols that are used as antiseptics to hinder the development and reproduction of microorganisms in vaccines. And there are the unwanted or unknown components that only occur along the way. It really is particularly difficult to establish factors behind negative effects due to these unknown substances.
So, what exactly are we to help make with this? I’m unsure. Can it mean vaccines are unsafe? I don’t know. Are these substances I might knowingly inject into my own children’s bloodstreams? No — not without some solid, compelling evidence that it will be to their benefit.
Vaccine proponents repeat the proof benefit is apparent. Vaccine opponents say the proof of benefit is far from clear which the science behind vaccinations is quite shabby. Prior to making a choice, weigh the sumlds carefully. On the pro side of vaccinations, check out the Centers for Disease Control (cdc.gov). For that con side of vaccinations, check out the National Vaccine Information Center (nvic.org).