Recently I have been hearing lots of discussions about the “value” of Facebook likes, Real vs. Fake. As usual, the majority of what I hear is wrong so I decided to achieve this post to set things straight. Let me first start by explaining the real difference between a “real” like and a “fake” like. A what are known as “real” like is a like that is earned the “right” way… which means that the like was done by a real individual who found real value within your site or post or page or whatever and decided to provide you with kudos by “liking” it…
Now to the “fake” like; the fake like is actually a like that is generated by any means apart from a few things i described above. You will find a multitudes of numerous methods for getting a fake like, too many for this particular post, but here are a few:
1. Purchase like packages on microjob sites like Fiverr.com; you can buy a few hundred to some few thousand. These likes are typically generated using a bot (automated software program) that games Facebook security and erroneously adds dozens to thousands of likes over days or weeks. The positive to this method is it is cheap… the negative is that bots can be sometimes be detected by Facebook security which can lead in your Facebook page being closed down. Recently Facebook announced it’s plans to ramp up detection, you can read a great article regarding it here.
2. Purchase likes coming from a microworker site. This process involves buying “credits” or “tokens” on sites like Welikehits.com. These websites allow you to setup an account together with your Facebook profile and after that others get credits by liking your page or sharing,etc. You pay anywhere from $5-$100 to purchase credits that you then “spend” when someone likes your page; you can buy several thousand credits for $10-$25 normally. The advantage of these websites is the fact that real individuals with real accounts are liking your page, no automated script or bot… the negative is the fact that way these likes come to you is through a gateway page with a set ip address… meaning that it must be quite simple for Facebook to inform these were bought, and therefore not count them.
Below are a few of the benefits of fake likes:
1. Usage of Facebook Analytics. Facebook only allows you to the access the analytics portion of your user interface Once you reach 30 likes. Through getting fake likes, you can access your computer data faster.
2. Use of Facebook vanity URL. Facebook allows you to have a vanity URL only after you have 25 likes… the vanity URL is very important right from the start, it allows you to have facebook/yourkeyword again, fake likes provides you with access to this feature quickly.
3. Nobody desires to like a page which includes zero likes… psychologically people are FAR more likely to click that like button if there are already several hundred or several thousand likes.
4. SEO value. Social signals are essential to SEO right now… some say around 1/3 from the puzzle… regardless of the the number actually is, should you do SEO you KNOW that things like followers,likes, etc play a vital role in gfhisr keywords on yahoo. In case you are unable to generate these social signals the “right” way, getting the fake ones is preferable to nothing.